Call for Mural Assistants and Interns
Help Beautify and Unify Tucson!
Internship Positions reports to the Executive Director and supports the executive leadership team in daily operations.
What will I actually be doing?
- Assisting Muralists as needed;
- Preparing, priming walls, top coats.
- Coordinate transportation and field trips;
- Assist in material inventory and distribution;
- Assist on documentation;
- Assist Coordinating community paint days and projects;
- Assist in identifying and securing healthy snacks;
- Update calendar listings to local media, follow up calls;
- Studio work: painting, cleaning, light lifting, preparing surfaces;
- Painting and preparing walls.
- Assist on Community Cultural Development initiatives, colloquia and meetings.
- Experience or interest in working within the field of community cultural development.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, a pleasant telephone manner and courteous and professional work style.
- Capacity to execute tasks with accuracy, consistency and attention to detail.
- Outstanding organizational/planning skills and the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to function professionally in an open studio environment.
- A sense of humor and describe oneself as flexible and reliable.
- Finger print clearance required for some tasks. (working with youth).